Ken Block has done it again with Gymkhana Seven: Wild in the Streets of Los Angeles, a worthy successor to Need For Speed: Ken Block’s Gymkhana Six. This isn’t the first time Block has taken over a city. He tattooed the streets of San Francisco in Gymkhana Five: Ultimate Urban Playground – San Francisco. However this is the first time we’re seeing The Hoonicorn in action. The car is a performance all-wheel drive 1965 Ford Mustang notchback with a Roush Yates 410 cubic inch Ford V8 pushing out 845 hp and 720 lb.ft with ITBs. In a word – whoa. (Feel free to channel Keanu Reeves as you say it.)
In the video, Block tours the city’s famous landmarks like Chinatown and Randy’s Donuts, as well as the LA River where many famous chase scenes were filmed. On the surface it seems straightforward: a Hoonigan and his Hoonicorn killing tires on city streets. Yet this was a mammoth project and answered the question: could Ken Block top himself? Yes, My Life at Speeders Ken Block can.
– MOTOR: Roush Yates 410 cubic inch Ford V8, 845 hp/720 lb.ft with ITBs
– TRANSMISSION: 6-speed Sadev SC90-24 all-wheel drive transmission with a hydraulic handbrake system
– SUSPENSION: Custom ASD Motorsports-designed geometry and components
– BODY: 1965 widebody Ford Mustang designed by RTR, Ken Block and Hoonigan, ASD Motorsports full tubular chassis, ASD Motorsports custom roll-cage, door bars and front/rear suspension mounts, RTR carbon fiber body panels
– WHEELS: fifteen52 three-piece R40, 18” x10.5”
– TIRES: Pirelli Trofeo R, 295/30/18, custom Ken Block compound
YouTube Description by The Hoonigans:
Hoonigan, Ford and Need For Speed proudly present Ken Block’s Gymkhana SEVEN; Wild in the Streets: Los Angeles.